It seems to me as I scan both the new uploads to Ravelry, other blogs, and the search items here on my blog there are a few things you guys are looking for: Shawls Not With Lace, Always an Interesting Scarf, Blankets of Note, Anything With Leaves and a Good Sock To Knit. The hunt has been fruitful this week. Some of the patterns are unbelievably free and those that are not are clearly worth the purchase price. I hope you find this helpful and inspiring!
For starters: STEPHEN WEST’S mystery kal is up to clue #2 out of 4 clues but the first two clues don’t have you doing very much. If you have not yet begun, you can this week and stay in the fray with ease. And FYI, if you have wound your balls on a ball winder, then just work from both ends of the balls for now.
Other patterns to go look at:
- The Sofya Cowl, a two-color knit by Jennifer Dassau
- Fair Isle Hat by Mary Ann Stephens coming in this Fall’s Vogue Knitting
- Lace Shawl by Candace Eisner Strick, also in this Fall’s Vogue Knitting
- American Brilliant by Sharon Winsauer — if you liked or loved Arsenic and Old Lace then you will LOVE this
- Men’s Swimsuit by Dale Peterson…let me know what you think.
- Soap Sachet by Sara Gresbach…a great last minute gift to let someone know you care!
- Knittens by Wendy D. Johnson…LOVE THEM!
- Shipwreck Shawl in Knitty Spring 2009…saw this at Sock Summit and fell in love!
Here is some final wool to love! Take care and more later…love and light always, Mary Ellen